Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ice Cream Cake


I love to spoil my little sister. Seriously, I'll do anything for her. She loves ice cream cake, so it's her birthday request year after year. She was born on New Year's, and of course I remember when she was born, since I was 11. This year, she turned 20, and I got to be with her, unusual since we're all adults and live in various states. She was headed back to college after Christmas break, and stopped at our apartment for a couple days. We actually went sking on New Year's, and we made tacos and ice cream cake. This one is her individual cake, which I made in a mini spring-form pan.

Take your favorite brownie recipe, or a mix, and put a thin layer in a spring-form pan, about half an inch. Bake this until it's slightly undone, because when it's frozen, you need to be able to cut through it without breaking yourself. After it's cooled, scoop softened ice cream onto it, as thick as you want, and top with sweetened whipped cream. I like to garnish my cake with whatever the ice cream flavor was, so if you use mint chocolate chip icream, like this one, then sprinkle chocolate chips on top. My favorite is Breyer's Reese's ice cream, and I chop up a couple Reese's peanut butter cups to put on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment