Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cranberry Chocolate Bread


This recipe was inspired by my constant desire to get more fruit, whole grains, and chocolate into my life, and to have something I can snack on mid-afternoon (we don't eat dinner til 7 or 7:30). Last week, I went to a coffee shop 3 times mid-afternoon just for a piece of fresh pumpkin or cranberry bread, which gets expensive. So, I made this loaf, sliced it up, and put it in sandwich-size ziplocs in the freezer, all ready to grab along with my sack lunch.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Sift baking powder, salt, and flour together. Blend sugars and butter together until creamy. Add eggs and milk and beat thoroughly. Add flour mixture, cherries, and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9-inch loaf pan and bake at 350 about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment