Sunday, January 20, 2013

Crepes


I love Sunday mornings! I love making Earl Grey or Thousand Hills Coffee and crepes, in my pajamas, and taking my time getting ready. We don't leave for church until about 10, and since I naturally wake up between 6 and 7, I literally have hours to savor my tea and enjoy the sun streaming through our kitchen windows. This morning I made up a quick batch of crepes, which actually aren't very quick. I don't recommend them for a hurried weekday morning.

Crepes are versatile. This morning, I filled them with french vanilla yogurt and topped them with strawberries. That's my breakfast version. For dessert, they can be filled with fruit pie filling, ice cream, whipped cream, something chocolatey, and then topped with the whipped cream or more fruit.

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup white sugar

Directions: Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until thoroughly combined. Let it sit for a few minutes so the flour can get a little absorbed. Put a non-stick saute pan on medium heat, and when it's completely heated, put a little butter in it to thoroughly coat the pan. Pour enough crepe batter in the pan to coat the whole pan, making it as thick as you want it. Wait until the crepe is looking almost dry then turn it over, wait just about 15 seconds, then take it off. It takes some practice to get it right. Keep trying if your first crepe tears or wrinkles. My first crepe never turns out, probably because the pan is getting seasoned, or the heat is adjusting, something like that. Put more butter in the pan for each crepe. This recipe makes about 15 crepes, but it depends on how thick you make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment