Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Green Smoothies

 
 
This is the reason I haven't been sick this winter. Yum and quick. On days when I don't give myself enough time to get ready in the morning, it's perfect. Pop everything in the blender, clean up the kitchen while it's blending, then sip on it while I do my makeup.


The ingredients are flexible:

1 cup milk
1 banana
a spoonful of peanut butter
1 few spoonfuls of plain yogurt and a little honey, or sweetened yogurt
spinach to the top of the blender

You can also add any kind of frozen fruit. I don't actually put banana in it anymore because they give me headaches, but if you eat bananas, the smoothie is much tastier with it.
 
Blend it all up and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. So yummy! I like to add ground flaxseed, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and substitute almond butter (freshly ground, courtesy of Sprouts). Thanks for this recipe; I never thought to add spinach!

    You can always freeze yogurt in an ice cube tray and substitute the cubes for banana. It will thicken the smoothie up due to the fact that the yogurt is frozen and help mask the spinachy taste :)

    ReplyDelete